I haven’t dressed up in years for halloween but when my young nephews asked me to go trick-or-treating with them I had to deliver! I decided to go as one of my favorite things, a Lego brick!
1) Start out with a good sized cardboard box, cut the top and bottom off, and cut two arm holes in the sides. Use a utility knife to accomplish this. Tape the box closed at the seam.
2) Cut a piece of cardboard to match the size of the top. Cut a circle in it to fit your head
(after wearing the ‘hat’ a few hours I wished I had cut this bigger to begin with).
3) Hot-glue something round to the cardboard hat and use clear elastic to attach the hat to your head. I used an old disney game box to make the stud at the top. Anything this shape would work.
4) Cut the letters ‘LEGO’ out of cardboard and hot-glue to stud.
5) Spray paint everything your Lego brick color of choice!
My costume was a big hit! My nephews wanted to try it on (a little too big for a kid but can be scaled down if you are making it for a kid). Even my brother wanted to try it on!