Last spring, while I was experimenting with my new silicone charcuterie molds from TotalBoat, I tried a technique (that maybe I invented or discovered) that I had not seen before to see if it would work and it did!
I decided the technique would be perfect to create a fun, Halloween themed charcuterie board. So, now it's cool enough (relatively--it's still Florida after all in September!) in the garage to once again create some fun with epoxy.
Here's how it went.
Steph purchased these West Elm bar stools three years ago and quickly discovered the foot rest were uncomfortable! She came up with a solution that worked quite well.
After daily use for three plus years, the insulation she used for cushioning had started to degrade and compress. They were no longer soft, so it's time for a refresh.
Steph was gifted a massage chair from a relative a few years ago. Since then she's been enjoying massages all while editing on her laptop.
Recently she decided she needed an upgrade from the pillow she was using to elevate her computer.
After a quick trip to the garage to source material, she was on her way to designing and building a folding table for her favorite chair.
She said she was going to do it and she did it...repack the bearings on the trailer!
I (Vicki) had no clue as to what was involved in this process which made it fascinating to watch! After watching her and seeing the video, I think I could actually repack bearings as well.
My dad was an auto mechanic all of his life. As many of you know, he passed away in May, 2020. Both Steph and I, during the trailer maintenance process, commented on just how proud he would be of his granddaughter!
That thought makes me happy...
You know, sometimes we live with something broken because we don't know how to fix it or even if a fix is available.
That was the situation with Steph's screen door. It wasn't broken, but the black part did not match the white door.
We had one of those "Duh" moments when we realized that replacement parts were readily available and that changing out the screen closer was a really easy fix.
Mother Daughter Projects