This is our fix:
We started by placing three sets of shims under each dresser making the front a bit higher than the back. This helped the dresser to tip less easily but with these dressers securing to the wall was absolutely necessary.
We tried to secure the L-bracket to wall studs where we could. We used two L-brackets per dresser. A bracket on each dresser was secured to a stud & the other through the dry wall with a Walldog screw. We drilled holes first for all the screw placement including the top of the dressers. If these were heirloom dressers, we would have found a less obvious place to place the L-bracket on the dresser, but these are not & right now it’s all about safety.
We tested the brackets by opening all the drawers to see if more work was needed. The dressers held in place well!
Steph & Vicki
Welcome to Mother Daughter Projects!
We're homeowners sharing our DIY adventures as we learn to maintain, improve, decorate, and
use tech in our homes.
Share your projects with us here: #trylearnshare